Note: We are UGA Bulldog-centric…but we are also red-blooded sports fans and the Braves figure squarely in this.
In the top of the 4th inning of today’s Wildcard game between the Atlanta Braves and St. Louis Cardinals, Chipper Jones turned a sure double play into a throwing error, fueling a three run half of the inning for the Cardinals. As I watched Chipper Jones’ reaction after the error, I wondered if his thoughts turned to the possibility that his costly mistake in what could be his final game would be his most painful memory on the field with the Braves. Perhaps…perhaps not.
A reputation, good, bad, or otherwise, is not predicated upon one play (unless perhaps you are Bill Buckner). The Braves win or lose as a team. Regardless of the outcome of 2012, every Atlanta Braves fan should be thankful for what we have, and have had:
- Infield Fly Rule: Atlanta Braves-St. Louis Cardinals Wild Card 8th Inning – The Problem is the One Game Format
- Maddawg’s First Variety Post (April 9, 2012)
- Atlanta Falcons & Georgia Bulldogs 2011: Suckers for Grade School Trickery
- Georgia Bulldogs G-Day Game 2012
- Maddawg’s Sports Weekend Itinerary – Atlanta Falcons Football Thursday Night Edition